Welcome to the NPC HQ Kung Fu School!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING TOILET USEclick to read
The training gym suffered flooding after the second class on Saturday 12th August 2023.
This happened because someone who used the toilet failed to tun the tap/s off (as clearly requested in a posted sign).
This is very thoughtless and careless use of premises which are not yours and which we have been allowed to use out of the goodwill of the owner.
THIS HAS COMPROMISED ME AND MY HONOUR AND INTEGRITY.
13 August 2023
WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT:
Therefore going forward the conduct of each and every one of you at the GYM will be as follows:
- At the end of the last session when the Instructor or his deputy leaves everyone shall leave and no one is to remain in the Gym.
- As my assistant at HQ and centre administrator, Dai Sie Jie Nelly is usually the last to leave and is careful about checking the gym as well as the toilets to ensure all is in order.
- If and when Dai Sie Jue is absent then it is the duty and role of the next senior Black Belt or Brown belt member to do this in future.
- There is already a work allocation list as to putting away chairs, equipment, sanitisers and Cho Si. In addition to these there will be additional rules:
- All students will only use the toilet closest to the Gym space. If this amounts o a wait then so be it. No student is to use the other toilet in the outer vestibule except myself , Dai Siew Heng Desilva, and DSI Nelly or the next senior standing in for her. (This will reduce the number of occasions we need to monitor the outer toilet)
- Black belts and brown belts of the System are considered seniors. Therefore you must behave and conduct yourselves with seniority honour and integrity and not rely on someone else to do something, Do it yourself for the sake of the GYM and your System.
- The toilet adjacent to the training space (hereinafter called Toilet (1) will be monitored regularly and particularly at the end of each session ( there are 3 sessions on Saturdays and 2 on Mondays)
- The monitoring team will comprise as follows:
One team leader black belt (by rotation) –
And Each of the 5 brown belts who train at HQ will form the team and will all do their duty at every session. Do not leave it to another student.
[If you wish to remain my student do your job and responsibility. If you refuse or are unable to do it then I will dispense with your studentship.]
- The team rotation schedule will be set up by DSJ Nelly or in her absence by her assistant Sie Jie Wai Ann.
[ EXCUSES NOT TO SERVE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE ]
I believe that what I have written above is clear enough, EVERYONE in my sessions has responsibilities to me, the SYSTEM and the Owner of the GYM
13th Augst 2023click to close
NPC HQ is the centre where the Chief Instructor of the system Sifu Christopher Lai Khee Choong is based.
We have several clubs in London as well as in Europe and around the world. We are members of the British Council for Chinese Martial Arts (BCCMA), the national governing body for Chinese martial arts recognised by UK Sport (formerly the Sports Council).
Why Do Kung Fu?
If you ever wanted to do an activity that is a lot of fun and helps you get fitter, stronger and gain more confidence, then Kung Fu is something for you!
Kung Fu challenges you in ways like no other sport or gym work out could ever do and is something you can practise anywhere.
Our students have benefited from a range of things such as:
- Losing weight and getting fit
- Greater Self confidence
- Stress relief
- Making new friends
- Learning something new
- And more importantly, having fun!
What we do
The style we practise is very broad based and encompasses a variety of things, such as striking, joint locks, traditional weapons and some amazing Shaolin Animal styles.
Because our style is quite vast, our students benefit from learning a variety of different things. Our classes are designed in a way that allows you to progress at your own pace with the additional benefit of training with some of our more experienced students who will help guide you through the class. We foster an environment that everyone learns and helps each other.
We truly believe our style has something for everyone!
Classes for kids
We have dedicated classes for young people from the ages of 6 and upwards. These classes involve training techniques found in the general class to instill technical skills and discipline, but with some fun and games to help stimulate learning and motivate young people. This will help not only with the young person’s personal development in terms of their martial arts practice, but interaction with a range of other people in their class allows friendships to develop and flourish. Training with us also keeps young people fit and healthy, and boosts self-esteem. Progression to the general class depends on the age, development and understanding of the student. As a general rule, students aged 14 and upwards are suitable for the general class where more technical exercises and drills are taught.
Our classes are controlled environments with all our Instructors and Black Belts DBS checked to give parents peace of mind. We have our own mats, and these are installed at times if certain exercises in that class require it. Indeed, the laying of mats encourages young people to work in teams to lay them correctly as quickly as possible.
Parents are welcome to observe any class their child participates in, and this gives your child comfort, particularly when starting out. Parents are also welcome to participate in a class together with your child; please ask to do so. As a matter of courtesy, we would appreciate a call or email from you indicating your intention to come and observe a class, or to have your child train with us. You may also wish to further discuss your child’s training needs prior to your first class.
Classes for adults
Our adult classes are a great way to expand your horizons, make new friends and learn something new. The classes are two hours in duration and cover a a number of different activities such as Self Defence, General Fitness, Pad work and traditional kung fu forms.